What is Canva?If you’re not familiar with Canva, brace yourself - you’re about to fall in love. Launched in 2013, Canva is an online, cloud-based graphic design platform. Users pay a monthly subscription fee (starting at about $12.95) for access to a dizzying array of tools, options, templates, and premium design options. Today, the company has more than 7 million users globally, and ads about 30,000 users each day. Here are just a few things that users love about Canva:
- Access to a vast image library. With Canva, you can get access to millions of images. From stock photos to vectors, illustrations, and beyond, you’ll have unfettered access to beautiful images to make your social posts pop. Original photography you’d rather use? Easy - upload your own photos.
- Simple filters. We’ve all experienced the frustration of trying to get images to look the same on a social platform - you bump saturation values up, brightness down, and on and on and on. Unless you’re using a pre-set filter, though, you’ll never achieve that consistent look you want. Fortunately, Canva makes that easy. With preset filters and advanced photo editing tools, it’s easy to develop a uniform look.
- Icons and shapes. Use shapes, icons, vectors, and other visual elements to add depth to your images. Choose from the thousands of images in Canva’s library, or upload a few of your own, instead.
- Fonts. Access a vast selection of fonts which are perfect for every design. If you’re not very design-minded, Canva even offers helpful courses on font packaging and color schemes to help you create a professional look.
- Drag-and-drop editing. Finally - the drag and drop editing in Canva. Stop worrying about whether that text is centered or that image is going in the right place. The drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy and straightforward.